There, I said it! You can have all the bells and whistles and spend a lot of money on a beautiful branding kit, but at the end of the day, everything can look good on the outside, but can be empty and without vision on the inside. In this post, I go into detail about how to make your brand stand out without even a logo.
Watch this video to hear more in detail the steps you can make to stand out as a brand:
Your brand most definitely includes a beautiful logo and brand kit, but most importantly, you are your brand. Your vision is your brand and your story is what sticks beyond the pretty logo.
Here are some steps to stand out with your brand:
- Tell your story and tell it all the time. You may be tired of hearing your story, but someone may be reading it for the first time.
- Be consistent. Show up and continue to show up. Be consistent with you social media and with your presence as a whole across platforms.
- Be genuinely you. Yeah yeah, I know you've probably heard this over and over, but it is so true. People are able to see through the smoke and mirrors, just show up and be you. This doesn't mean you need to share every detail of your life, I think it's important to have boundaries around your brand and your day-to-day life.
- Share your work and most importantly share the little moments. Moments that you may not see as exciting, but people want to see into your world and what you're working on behind the scenes.
- And, yes having a consistent brand color and image does matter! It helps people associate certain images and colors with you brand. Think McDonalds and the color red and and yellow, that color combo and you can smell the fries! BUT, you don't have to have a large budget. You can create a beautiful logo with resources such as Canva and Creative Market.
Ultimately, whether you are a seasoned business owner or just starting out, spend some time in your story and how it connects to your brand. Think about and write down 2-3 stories that you could tell that have a personal touch but relate to your brand.